(0) | $0.00

Lingua Franca LLC

Wine Specs
Vintage
2018
Varietal
Pinot Noir
Appellation
Eola Amity Hills
Harvest Date
Mid-September
Alcohol %
13

2018 Mimi's Mind Pinot Noir

Only 430 cases produced

Item Ships: Oct 12, 2020
In Stock
Add To Cart
$95.00
/ Bottle
SKU: 2018-PN-MIM-75-S
Wine Profile
Tasting Notes
Due to its structure, the 2018 Mimi’s Mind starts off more tannic than the other 2018 cuvées, with stunning lift. It opens up slowly, unveiling layers of flavor. It has a depth of flavor that will evolve with time, and in its youth is expressed as power. As it ages, it will reveal a complex of herbs, such as fresh thyme and oregano, and floral notes of rose petal and violet, rich mulberry, red cherry, raspberry, and overtones of aromatic spices such as cinnamon, vanilla and anise. The finish is quite long and lengthens with age. It has been celebrated from its debut vintage to now.
Vineyard Notes
Mimi Casteel’s vineyard is a role model for regenerative farming, a method she has developed as she takes a thoughtful consideration of the consequences of her vineyard practices on the environment around and beyond her. It’s an impressive take, combining biodynamic and organic farming principles with science. We are proud to have fruit from her vineyard, which always displays a deep complexity and layers of flavor. This year’s selection is about 65% PN667 with the remaining 35% the classic Pommard Clone.
Production Notes
Because of the quality of Mimi’s fruit, we have always allowed a greater proportion of whole cluster in this cuvée. This year again the wine is 50% whole cluster, fermented traditionally but handled with a light touch, with gentle pump overs. The rest of the fruit is sorted, then destemmed gently so that mainly whole berries go into the fermenters for a more precise flavor profile. After fermentation, it is aged in 26% new oak and the rest in neutral oak barriques.
Food Pairing Notes
The structure of Mimi’s Mind in its youth make it a prime candidate for pan-roasted duck breast, Lamb Provençale, filet mignon and hard cow’s milk cheeses like 18-month aged Gouda, Comté, Cantal, Parmesan, Abondance, Beaufort or other Alpine cheeses other than the Apenzell type. As this wine ages and reveals the deep fruit, spice and mineral qualities underlying its youthful fruit profile, it becomes more suited to roast chicken with morel mushrooms, braised rabbit with thyme or sous vide pork loin with thyme (I recommend setting your sous vide to 6 hours at 133 degrees Fahrenheit for the perfect tenderness).
Related Products
Add To Cart
$70.00
/ Bottle
SKU: 2018-PN-TPL-75-S
Add To Cart
$200.00
/ Magnum
SKU: LF17PNMIMI1.5
Add To Cart
$95.00
/ Bottle
SKU: LF17PNMIMI
Let's keep in touch!
Sign up for the Lingua Franca Newsletter and stay up to date on the latest wine releases, events, and promotions.

Mailing List Signup

Opt into mailing list
Leave this field blank: