(0) | $0.00

Lingua Franca LLC

Wine Specs
Pinot Noir
Eola Amity Hills
Harvest Date
Early September
25% new and 75% old French oak barriques for 12 months
Alcohol %
Wine Spectator

2016 Mimi's Mind Pinot Noir

95pts | Josh Raynolds, Vinous

93pts | Tim Fish, Wine Spectator


200 cases produced

In Stock
Add To Cart
/ Bottle
Wine Profile
Tasting Notes
Deeply flavored with complex mineral, floral, and fruit elements, with spice, truffles, and savory herbs. The finish goes on and carries these flavors to the end. It is a wine to contemplate.
Vineyard Notes
Mimi Casteel’s beautifully maintained vineyard is a product of her creative and unique farming practices. You may see her pruning in winter while her dwarf sheep, herded by a prized llama, keep the flowers and grasses trimmed. The balance of life in her vineyard is obvious and we love the example it sets for us. This year’s Mimi’s Mind comes from specially selected rows of heritage Pommard vines entirely.
Production Notes
Sorted on a vibrating table before the whole clusters of lignified stems and perfectly ripened fruit were fed bin by bin, not pumped, into the small format stainless steel fermenting tanks of between 2 to 5-ton capacity. Mimi’s Mind is about 50% whole cluster. Fermentation began with gentle pump overs. Foulage and pigeage were done traditionally by foot as needed. After fermentation, the wines aged in a combination of 25% new and 75% old French oak barriques for 12 months and 5 months in tank prior to bottling.
Related Products
Add To Cart
/ Bottle
Add To Cart
/ Bottle
Let's keep in touch!
Sign up for the Lingua Franca Newsletter and stay up to date on the latest wine releases, events, and promotions.

Mailing List Signup - Website Footer

Opt into mailing list
Leave this field blank:

Join our Mailing List

to keep up to date on new releases and winery happenings, plus receive free shipping on your first purchase!

Mailing List Signup - Web Pop Up

Opt into mailing list
Leave this field blank: